Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Giftaway Reminder and Some Finished Projects

Don't forget, each time you leave a comment on any of the June posts here, your name will be included for this month's drawing!!! Meanwhile, I thought I'd catch you up on some of my recent projects. Remember my chair recover? The pillow has been re-stuffed, resewn and basically, reworked. I added a ribbon of beads for a little extra "glitz" and now THIS has been transformed to THIS: The green vintage metal lawn chair now looks like this: I'm thinking of painting a couple roses in the square area on the back. What do you think??? (Confession: It was so rust-damaged and chipped that I finally gave up and decided to try to glop extra paint in the really bad areas, hoping to build up the paint enough that it will look smooth. Don't be too hard on me for it - I know you've done the same thing! ;) LOL) Finally, this rusty wheelbarrow (looks like an old coal wheelbarrow to me!) was rusted completely through. It is in such bad shape that it really had no functional value and probably even less financial value. Before, it was truly a rust-red. Now, it is a vibrant red. Cost of small can of acrylic indoor-outdoor paint, enough to complete at least three projects: $6.99. Having something completely worthless in your garden just because you enjoy it: Priceless.

8 comments:

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Sher, love what you did to all the makeovers. Love the red chair and I think it would look lovely if you painted a few roses on it. Also the chair come out gorgeous. Love the wheelbarrow. We had an old one that I had bought for $2.00, came home from shopping one day and DH gave it away, can you believe, gave it away for scrap metal. Told him from now on he can't do that without my say so first!

Irma:)

Unknown said...

Irma, would you believe my husband did the very same thing with this one! I bought it about three years ago and he gave it to our neighbor the next year. When our neighbor died last year, I made him go get it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sher! You did a beautiful job on that chair. And I love LOVE that red on the chair and wheelbarrow.

I'm going to have to show Larry some of your neat things in your garden. I have this idea for a chair in my garden. Not to sit on, but to look like neat stuff. He doesn't get it. He can't understand why I'd paint a "perfectly good chair" (it's not) and put it in the garden to get rained on.

I need more red in my life. I bought paint to paint the front door red, and I am going to paint the garden chair red as well.

Janet

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

I love what you've done with the yard stuff!!! COOOOL!!! I especially love those old metal chairs, and the cool carts, too!! Hard to find them at an affordable price anymore, though!! Lucky you!!! **Trudy**

Unknown said...

Janet, by all means, go RED! If you want to make an impact statement, I say RED! ;) If your DH is anything like mine, all his taste is in his mouth!

Trudy, thanks for the compliments! Wheelbarrows are fairly easy to find around here, but we have a lot of open country and they're widely used for large lawns and gardens! My DH wants to paint each of the "working" ones a different color and use each one for different tasks. That's an idea that should last all of, say, twenty minutes! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love your upholstered chair redo. I wouldn't know how to even start a project like that. Good job. Would love to be entered in your wonderful give away. Donna from MI djgarden13@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Thank you, Donna, and thanks for joining in on the Giftaway fun!

tami said...

I love the wheelbarrow and the red chair great makeovers.