Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just a few pics...

My RA (rheumatoid arthritis) has been bothering me today. Since my hands are giving me problems, I'll just post some pictures. I'm sure things will improve tomorrow. I think I'll call this shot "Before the Reveal" . In just a couple of days, it will unwrap itself as a beautiful purple bearded iris. Gertrude is still hanging out in her favorite spot in a small part of my largest flower garden. Look how happy she is to see me! ;-> And finally, I have to admit being really proud of the way this shot came out. This lilac bush was a bare root mail order plant that was supposed to be a yellow lilac. It's obviously not yellow, but I love the white trim on the flowers. Remember, I have a monthly giftaway on this blog and all you have to do to qualify is leave a comment!

1 comment:

misselaineous said...

LOVE the lilacs! Reminds me of my Grandpa's house in Massachussetts & the little house my husband & I lived in when 1st married. Alas...lilacs do not grow in Florida & the Crape Myrtles that people say are similar cannot hold a candle to the fabulous scent & wonderful color of a sweet lilac. Thanks for sharing! Have a great week! *elaine*