Thursday, July 31, 2008

Show Us Your Form! and Giftaway Reminder!

Hi, everyone! Let's start today's post with a couple reminders: 1) Friday is the SHOW US YOUR FORM party, hosted by Tiffany at ShabbyScraps.typepad.com.She sent an email to those of us participating to let us know that, so far, there are over 50 bloggers involved!!! Don't miss it! and
2) Today is the last day that you can qualify for this month's Giftaway. All you need to do is leave a message! Nope, you don't have to have a blog, you just need to comment! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the winner's name. It could be YOU (if you leave a message)!
This is one of those "wouldabeen" pictures. It "wouldabeen" funny if this rider hadn't dumped his cigarette before he pulled up next to us, so you'll have to imagine the circumstances. Biker riding in the pouring rain, smoking a cigarette. Now that's a dedicated smoker.
Time to show you a few things I've been up to in the last couple days: This is another one you'll need your internal visual imagery skills for (my blog, my descriptive phrases, LOL). Imagine this director's chair frame, white but covered in dirt, spider webs and cocoons. Here it is now, as it sits on my stepson's front porch.
Please forgive the bad pictures on these projects: A wreath made up of a few flowers pulled from an old floral bouquet and discarded pieces from a child's teacup set ...and a "make-do" put together using an old bedspring, a dove saved from a broken centerpiece and more of those flowers from the same old floral bouquet.
I'm also in the process of listing a couple of my aprons (old and new) and some of my extra wide eyelet trim on Etsy today and tomorrow and hope you take a look when you get a chance.
And now I'm off for a doctor appointment! See ya tomorrow!!!!

9 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Good Afternoon,
That is so sweet, the wreath with the children's toys :) The little birdie is sweet too. Went to a couple of garage sales, slim pickins. Hoping the estate sales on Sat have some treasures. Warmly, Deb

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just love your site! Those tins are gorgeous. May I ask how you do them? Paint, paper or what? Thanks for a great blog. I will be reading your post about upholstering. I want to learn because of the projects I have around the house.
Thank again,
Cheryl

Janet C. Fish said...

You did a nice job on that director's chair. I like that.

For a moment, I thought you were gifting away the motorcycle. If you were gifting away the man on the motorcycle, I have a friend, but she might not like the smoking part.

Love, Janet

Unknown said...

Deb, good luck with the estate sales! I haven't been to one for a few weeks now and am starting to have withdrawal symptoms. Thanks for the comment on the wreath and the makedo bird ornie! The wreaths look so cute in a child's room! I have a bunch of little matchbox cars and have plans to use them in a similar fashion!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cheryl! I've been painting them and using paper, too! They really are fun to do! Good luck with your upholstering projects! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with on them. I hope you'll share photos of before & after!

Unknown said...

Janet, I really like the way the director's chair turned out, too! I love the contrast of the midnight blue paint against the blues in the fabric.

You know, I re-read my post and remember thinking that someone is going to do a double-take, thinking that the motorcycle guy is up for sale! The two of us think so much alike, I should have known you'd be the first to comment on that! LOL!

KatCollects said...

Hi,
I am new to your site, just found it from Tiffany's page (show me your form). Very pretty pictures, I will be back to read more.
Kathy

tami said...

I love the wreath that you made.

Michele said...

That chair turned out great. I love that wreath...you do such awesome work!

Hugz,
Michele