Friday, April 4, 2008

Show and Tell, Plus

We all have our favorite things, things we love because of the way they look or feel, because they evoke a feeling, mood or memory. Me, I have a couple favorite T-shirts that will never leave this property with me in it. That is, unless I'm in an ambulance or hearse. Are they pretty? Nope, uglier than a mud fence after a hard rain. I've had one of them since the '70's. The other might have gotten stretched out somehow during Noah's flood. Both of them have become misshapened, stained, torn and worn through over the years but they are so darned comfortable! Honestly, the armpits are totally worn out of one of them. I can't remember whether the second ever had them; probably so, since both are short-sleeved. They're worn thin, are now oversized, but I wear them while housecleaning, painting or working in the garden. Nothing I can possibly do to either of them would make them look worse. Maybe some day I'll post a picture of them. Not today - they're both in the wash. Instead, I'll show you this favorite creature of mine: Now, isn't this just the coolest thing? LOL! That's okay, I'm sure you think it's ugly. Go ahead and tell me so, I can take it. I have no idea when or where it was made. Nope, I don't know who made it, either. But I do know it was handmade from red earth clay. And I know it makes me smile and I love it! :-) I'd love for you to share with me what some of your favorite things are. And, don't forget: A new drawing is in the works for this month! All you have to do to be eligible is leave a comment! What is the prize? (Shrugging my shoulders.) I haven't yet decided, but I promise you, I'm known to give away some pretty cool prizes and surprises! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, sometimes I'm logged in, sometimes not. I don't know why.

Oh well, I'm not this time.

ANyway, I had a dress like that. It got holes in it, got horribly stained, got baggy, but I wore it to work around the house. It finally got some holes that were placed such that the neighbors would have gossiped, so I tossed it, but I still think of that dress. LOL

That is one cute frog! Yeah, sometimes stuff like that grabs some part of our heart. I mean, those things are just "stuff". But they touch something inside, a memory, a feeling we had, something.

Janet

Carol V said...

I've seen frogs like this before in all sizes. They are made in Mexico and everyone has personality. Glad you got one.

Unknown said...

Janet, you and I seem to always like the same things, do similar things alike. We should have been sisters.

Carol, thanks for stopping in and also for giving me that information! I've been to Mexico many times but have never noticed them. I have no idea how this one made it to Tennessee, but I treasure it!
Hugs,
Sher

Jeanette said...

I love the cute froggy! In fact, he's welcome to come visit my front yard gnome that seems to scare people with his big eyes. He's just a little more serious than most gnomes! Jeanette

Unknown said...

Jeanette, I'd love to see your gnome! I'll bet he's cute!