Friday, March 7, 2008

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Many, many thanks for extending prayer to all who were affected by the murder-suicide I told you about in my last post. I was touched by your emails and the comments left on this blog and prayers are always appreciated as well as being uplifting. I also want to thank you for your prayers and well wishes on my personal health situation. I don't yet have all the test results; they should be in this coming week. God bless all of you.

My hubby had been working out back the other day when he excitedly burst into the back door. "Look out the window!" he instructed, "You'll want to get a picture of that!" He pointed to a huge hawk sitting on a post in the field next to us. It was sitting calmly, wings fully expanded, simply experiencing the feel of the wind through his feathers.

I had never before witnessed a bird of any kind holding such a pose for an extended length of time.

Hubby grabbed the camera, took aim through the window and the hawk flew away as if purposely dodging the lens. "I'll take the camera outside with me and will get his picture if he comes back," he said as I nodded in approval, wondering whether we would be so lucky to capture such a shot.

When he later came in to hand me the camera, he told me that he had managed to get some pictures but the hawk never returned for him to snap that awesome pose we had earlier witnessed. I thought I'd share with you what he had stored for me in the camera: Do you see it???? Me neither.

*Sigh!* So much for a climactic captivation.

Meanwhile: Look what I got in yesterday's mail!!!

What a nice surprise! Pat sent me this little note and sweet charm as a thank you for the comfort dolls I sent her! I love this charm; now, to find a special project just for it! Thank you, Pat!
Here's a curbside find I wanted to share with you: It's been stored away for awhile, but I've known for several months what I wanted to do with it. From a plain ol' forgotten potty chair to a ... flower potty. (Pretend that fake flower stem isn't there. I'm too lazy to go back downstairs and snap another picture right now.) This one is for a child's garden. I have another one that I'll paint differently, with more adult-looking letters that will look cute on the front porch or back patio.
Last, but not least, here's a look at the gift package won by OLIVEOYL64 in last month's drawing:
She received the decorated box you saw earlier, a plastic heart container with vintage buttons, a pair of glass candlesticks, handmade soap by Susan, some flatware and the handmade tags I also posted earlier. What's going to be in this month's prize package? I don't know yet. I add these items as the month goes on! If you want to win, you have to first enter and you only have to leave a post on this blog to enter! How easy can that be? I mean, LOL!
I have more to share with you but it will have to wait until later. I had a wonderful surprise the other day but this house and a ton of projects are calling me. Until next time...

No comments: