Saturday, January 12, 2008

Something for all us Romantics, more antiques goodies and my RED tree

Somewhere in France...

Awww, c'mon! Don't most of us enjoy a good love story? How about an ongoing real-life saga in the world's most romantic country?

I don't even remember how I found this blog, but the writer (Corey) is playing match maker this weekend. She has somehow successfully introduced a young woman from the U.S. to a young man in France and has drawn many of us (I'm starting to feel a little like a Peeping Tom) into what we all hope is a budding love affair. Her captivating updates have me addicted. If you're a hopeless romantic, you'll probably want to take a look at this blog: http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/ . Have fun enjoying it. If you leave her a note, tell her Sher sent you! ;-)

Another location for our wares

We have another new booth! We were fortunate enough to be able to get a spot in Willow Creek Antiques here in Bristol! Willow Creek is located in the heart of historic downtown Bristol. The building was built in the 1860's. Sadly, we had to make the decision to leave the Shop Around the Corner in Elizabethton. It was strictly a business decision; Linda (owner of Shop Around the Corner) and I are still good friends. I just felt it was better to have a few miles between shop locations and her shop is very close to the Corner Nest, which is our main location. Bristol is also much more convenient for us and receives a lot of business from Nascar fans during race months.

Willow Creek currently has 18,000 square feet, all on the main level. There is a mezzanine and second floor that is not yet open. My guess is, Carol and her hubby (the owners) are at least a year away from moving any new vendors into those spots.

Here's what our space looked like this afternoon:

I took pictures of many of the booths but there are so many I didn't have time to shoot all of them. If you want to take a look at my new Willow Creek album, here's the place to view it: http://community.webshots.com/user/GrinninGramma .

and finally...

I haven't forgotten my promise to show you my very red Valentines Day Tree! Whether you love it or hate it, it's getting a lot of attention. I have to admit, it certainly stands out.

Here's another something special I want to share with you: No, it's not one of our pieces (*sigh!*); it's sitting across from one of our spots in the Corner Nest. I just think this is simply the coolest looking old mirror. I didn't get a chance to sneak a peek at the price, but it doesn't matter. We couldn't squeeze another piece of furniture into our home with a shoehorn. In fact, right now, the shoehorn wouldn't even fit.

Drop me a note and let me know how you are enjoying 2008. I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read this blog and do enjoy hearing from you! Thanks again for visiting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the lovely photos...we don't have any kind of shops like that here...eye candy for me, I am so glad I dropped by..

Unknown said...

Hi, Daniv! I'm glad you dropped by, too! We have some great shops in Bristol and Elizabethton. Nearby towns include Abingdon, Va and Kingsport, TN - they're all terrific places to browse and buy in.