Monday, December 7, 2009

Baking, Goofing Around and Shopping

We had our annual Open House at the Shop this weekend. This is one of the goodies I picked up for my self. She sits next to my monitor.
I thought this was just beyond cute and, for $3.00, couldn't pass it up! Do you think she looks like me?
Cookie baking filled a good part of one day this past week. These are brickle cookies that I made for my neighbors but they seem to be disappearing before I finish the rest of my cookies for the neighbors' cookie tray that I give them every year.
And here are a few of the tags I made. Some will go on the cookie trays, along with a little handmade ornie. Others will hang on gifts under our tree. The reverse of the tags have a stamped "To" and "From" on them. The above tags and the ones directly below are one and the same but the one above shows a little more depth and detail.
I'm not even half way through my shopping! Why is it that, when I was younger, I was usually finished early - sometimes before November 1! How are your lists coming along?
Finally, I have to show you this next photo before I finish this post:
I took it coming back from shopping the other evening. It was about 5:00 PM and it had been raining - hard! The corner of the building in this shot belongs to the gas station that sits next to a parking lot that I pulled into to photograph the rainbow. The attendant outside stood and stared at me, as though he was wondering why in the world I would take such a photo.
As I recall, rainbows were in the skies after almost every rain when I was a child. They seem like such a rarity today. So, as the attendant was wondering why I would take the time to capture this image, I was wondering how he could turn his back on such a jewel. I'm sure there's a moral in this for all of us.
God bless you all, and may you enjoy your rainbows.

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Sher,
She is So YOU!!! LOL !!!!
Your cookies look very yummy...and love your tags.
It's snowing here and I'm working on my Christmas cards and reading blogs...multi-tasking...next week should slow down for me...how about you?!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Janet C. Fish said...

Oh oh, a rainbow! Cookies! A surfer lady! LOL

Please don't tell her I said that, but she looks older than you. But she has heart, just like you do.