Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh, My Gosh!!!!! Has it been that long????

It certainly doesn't feel like it's been almost five months since my last blogging post. Oh my gosh! I've shocked myself! Nothing earth shattering has really happened during the past few months. I've spent quite a bit of time on Facebook (okay, with the games on Facebook). There is one thing that I have to admit to realizing, though. Are you ready? Here goes: I am not as creative when I'm not blogging. True. I haven't even been thinking very creatively and you know what else? I miss that part of me. A lot. Oh, true, I've been doing a few things - making cards, re-thinking projects, rearranging displays at the shop - but my creative activity of the last few months is but a tiny percentage of my "normal" brain activity. Additionally, I've missed all of YOU! I've been remiss not only with my own blog, but visiting yours and that absence really has created a void in my life. I love reading your words, keeping up with you and your families, being so impressed with all the various ways you direct your own passions. Thanks so much to those of you who have chosen to stay in touch with me during this "break" of mine. Now, because I really don't have any photographs specifically meant for today's blog, let me just share a few that I have managed to take lately.
Imagine opening up your bluebird house, hoping to find a nest of baby bluebirds and finding - YIKES! A mouse and nest instead!!!!!
Our next project: Re-do this vintage wall cabinet! It doesn't look like much now but expect it to look wonderful with a fresh stain on its wood, a new handle and cleaned up leaded glass. Yes, I did say leaded glass. Wonderful, isn't it?
These luggage tags at Books-a-Million cracked me up!
And, finally: The beginning of a Halloween display I was setting up in the shop. It didn't quite get finished. The display, including the boxes, were sold before I finished! Always a happy occasion!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Yep, girl, you've been too busy on Facebook! I can't keep up with you!
Good to see you back on blogger - now GET CREATIVE!!!

Janet C. Fish said...

YAAAY! YIPPEEE WOOOO HOOOO!!! I'm so glad you are going to blog again. (No pressure. lol)

I check frequently to see if you have. You are inspiring to me, so I miss your creative energy on your blog.

I agree, if I can share and talk about it, I'm much more likely to be more creative.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

SHER...........
I HAVE
SOOOOOOOOOO........
MISSED
YOUUUUUUUUUU........
I'm so glad you are back...
Can't wait to see what you have been creating...
Happy Halloween...
Hugs,
Warmly,
Deb :)

Unknown said...

You guys are GREAT! Thanks for your support and friendship!
Love,
Sher