Saturday, October 31, 2009

Flu Shots and A Few Shop Photos to Share

Yes, I have had mine! Have you had yours? Flu shots, that is! Hubby and I took advantage of the free flu shots that Exide Technologies (battery plant where Hubby works) offered to their workers and families a couple weeks ago. Then, just yesterday, I was able to get my H1N1 shot. Neither of us had a reaction to the "regular" flu shots. I had a little fever with my H1N1 but will happily fight that in lieu of the actual Swine Flu!

We are, of course, still active vendors with the Corner Nest Antiques and Gift Shop in Elizabethton, TN. If you live in NE Tennessee or SW Virginia or North Carolina, you may be close enough to treat yourself to a day of fun there. Trust me, you will love it! We get visitors from all over the world. There's even a little cafe there on premises. You can literally browse and shop for hours without having to leave the building!

Those of you who know me know that I love all things old, primitive, shabby and shiny. I took photos of just a few items and displays that caught my eye when I was there last time to drop off a "fresh" load of items and to "fluff" up our displays.

I think this is a charming little quilt that may just end up on my newest grandson's bed!

Does this look like a scene straight out of an old-time general store?

True, today's windows are more energy efficient and may be easier to clean but the old windows have so much character! I'm still puzzled as to why I didn't bring this chest home with me!

This primitive display is surrounded by autumn leaves and pumpkins - so very fitting for a fall day like today!

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

sumina said...

i like this blogo