Saturday, April 11, 2009

One More Day to Sign Up and DEALS for under $1!

     Sometimes I feel like one of the old carnival callers.  You know, the people who used to stand outside the carnival shows and yell something like, "Hur-ry, hur-ry, hur-ry! Come and see the Gorgator, the only creature on earth with the head of a gorilla and the body of an alligator!"... okay, so maybe I don't quite fit myself into that category. BUT, you do have one more day to sign up for my special 200th blog post Giftaway.  If you haven't already, be sure to read yesterday's post and leave a comment to qualify!  The drawing will be tomorrow afternoon, before Easter lunch but after church services.  Roughly, around 1:00 eastern standard time!  Remember to let me know your favorite colors when you post!
     And, speaking of Easter, don't forget to take advantage of some of the Easter markdowns!  Look for things like marked down chocolate (excuse my slurping, happens every time I think of chocolate), baskets and such.  Remember, you can freeze chocolate and use it throughout the year.  If you don't like the idea of serving chocolate bunnies for your July 4th gatherings, melt them down and pour them into more suitably shaped candy molds, or chop them up and use them in cookies, as sprinkles for cake decorations, etc.  
     I like to buy the marked down stuffed animals, too.  You can always use them as birthday or get well gifts.  
     Yep!  A list of seventeen healthy foods for under a dollar!  This site has plenty of other money saving tips, too!
     Now, a question for you:  Have any of you tried Magic Jack?  I know there are places on the web that offer pros and cons but would really like to know if any of YOU have had experience with it.
     See ya tomorrow!!!
     

1 comment:

Miss Rhea said...

Those are some great tips. :) My Dr. told me that the best way to shop, is on the outer isles in the store as much as possible. You have Dairy, Meat, and fruits and vegetables. All of the starchy, processed, sugary foods are in the middle of the store. The two exceptions are buying frozen veggies as they have more vitamins, and things like brown rice, whole wheat pastas and grains and oatmeal. But middle isles are for the most part to be avoided. :) Happy Easter to you !! I love that sweet Bunny and Girl graphic, just adorable !!