Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just Playing Around!

I've been working on a couple cabinets that have been stored in our Disaster Closet for a couple months. They're not ready for their final closeup yet so I won't post their pix until next time.

Meanwhile, I decided to take a break and play on the computer. Did you know that I'm an Empress? Yep, 'tis true! I'll even give you the website that will prove not only my aristocracy but yours as well if you dare to know:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: Empress Sher the Bovine of Praze-an-Beeble Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

I'm long overdue for a haircut and found this site: http://hairmakeover.instyle.com/makeover/

You can try on hairstyles of different celebrities and change your haircolor, too, if you want. Here's my "before" picture: I usually don't wear my hair back like this but you need to push it back so the pictures will work right.

Ready for some of my makeovers? How about me in a Lindsay Lohan do? Amazing, isn't it? We could be twins! And here's my Gwen Stefani look:

Ever seen Katherine Heigle in this cut? Let's make it more realistic: No, huh? Okay, how about Nicole Richey, Reece Witherspoon, and one whose name I can't remember: This one is Zooey somebody. I dropped the bangs a little too low but think it's a great look. Not that one either? Hee!

I think I'd better give up trying to look like a 20 or 30-something year-old red carpet walker. What'dya think? LOL! (If you go to the site, you'll see there are no 60-somethings' do's for me to choose. There aren't even 50-somethings. I only have a few more months of being 50-something. *Sigh*! July 26 of this year I will be a full-fledged 60-something. Where did those years go????

Before I go back to work, I want to share this sunrise with you. This was taken Friday morning, about 6:00. The thing about watching a sunrise is that you need to appreciate the moment or it's gone. But then, that's the same for many things in life. A lesson for us all!

Don't give up on my trash-to-treasure endeavors. I promise to post pix of the re-do's next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY. You are not about to turn 60. You don't look anywhere near 60. I seem to recall that you are closer in age to me than I keep thinking, but geesh, you aren't almost 60. No? Really?

See, you say something like that, and I totally forgot what I had to say, and I'm sure it was of vital importance.

Well, happy birthday soon! I forgot.

Anonymous said...

One thing you might consider doing is what I've decided to do. Go backwards. I think I'll just turn some other age when my next birthday comes around. I'll have to ponder what age though.

Unknown said...

Janet, Dear, we ARE about the same age! I really must talk to Larry about getting you on some better meds. LOL!