Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Hubby Hates our Property

No kidding.  He's been wanting to move for years.  I think it all started when I fell down our hill  and broke my ankle.  That was the first or second year we lived here.  And, today, I took another hard fall.  He blames it all on our property, which is mostly situated uphill.  (or, downhill, if you're falling...)
Most of you know I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis).  You may not know that I have almost all the other "itis"s, too - osteoarthritis, tendonitis, bursitis - and as each summer approaches I find it more difficult to give proper attention to all my flower gardens.  As a result, I seem to never get all the work accomplished in the "big garden".  The west end (above) is a sad combination of weeds, some perenials, vines and more weeds.   

Today I decided that THIS would be the day to clear out said weeds, vines, etc.  Well, it sure is easy to fall when you're pulling stubbornly-rooted weeds while standing on a hillside.  The good part is, I already have an appointment with my orthopaedist for Tuesday morning.  The bad news is, it's for the shoulder I fell on.  The area between my neck and right shoulder has been sore and swollen for about a month and lately, my entire right arm, hand and fingers, have been numb.  (Crazy-bone hit kind of numb.) 

Anyway, Sweet Hubby and youngest stepson had just returned home from running errands.  Hubby made sure I had no broken bones and insisted I let him and s-son work in the garden.  (Sure, Honey, if you insist...)

I did manage to pick up a broken flower (phlox) on the way to the house.  Don't you think it looks nice against my lace kitchen curtains?




2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

OH, MY!!! Shar!!!
Glad you didn't break any bones! I'd let them do all the weeding and you relax and play with your puppy!
Warmly,
deb :)

Vickie said...

Hi Sher - long time no visit!

Just wanted to tell you thanks for stopping by with your encouragement for my friend who lost her daughter Kayla. SO sweet and so appreciated! I'll be passing all these kind posts along to my friend!

Sorry you fell again - but hey at least you get some help with your garden - not a good way to go about it tho. You take care of that shoulder - hope it heals up quickly and no permanent damage!